Update Rollups for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Throughout the supported lifespan of Microsoft CRM 2011 Microsoft will release updates packaged as Update Rollups. On this page we have summarised the key user features of each update rollup and the links to the actual download files on Microsoft's website.
If you are using CRM 2011 online, the update rollups will be applied automatically - you do not need to do anything. However, if you or your users are using the Outlook client, you may want to manually update the clients, rather than wait for Windows Update.
All of the rollups and more information can be found on the Microsoft website. Below we have provided a summary of the rollups, and some quick links to each of the technical articles and downloads.
If you have any questions, or would like any assistance with applying the update rollup please contact us.
Update Rollups 13 and beyond
New functionality is now being delivered via CRM 2013. Hence these Update Rollups focus exclusively on fixing existing bugs. Detailed information can be found on the following links:
Update Rollup 13 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Tuesday, 26 March 2013
Update Rollup 12
This update is the January 2013 release or the Polaris release. It was a huge release for CRM Online, and contained some major, and long awaited enhancements for On Premise customers.
This is the last release that will have new functionality included – from update rollup 13, the updates will only include bug fixes.
Update Rollup 12 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Update rollup 11
Update 11 is to enable you to continue to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Windows 8 and / or Office 2013. It is compatible with these releases.
Key user features
- Using Set Regarding on an email now allows you to use different default views other than All….
- Reminders for recurring appointments now can be changed without corrupting the appointment
- CRM Ribbons can now be hidden in Outlook 2010
- Quick Find now applies the user’s default date format
Update Rollup 11 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 11 October 2012
Update Rollup 10
Update Rollup 10 is the update following update 8. Update Rollup 9 has been cancelled because of the delay in the Q2 Service Update.
Key user features
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 10 is compatible with Microsoft Office 2013 Preview. For more information please see this article.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 10 is compatible with Windows 8. For more information please see this article.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 10 is compatible with Internet Explorer 10 in Compatibility Mode. For more information please see this article.
This update rollup has improved Quick Find and the performance of queries running against large datasets.
Several issues with pinned views have been resolved.
The erroneous ability to remove members from a marketing list by user who did not have adequate permissions has been fixed.
Update Rollup 10 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 16 August 2012
Update Rollup 8
- Email quick campaigns based on a template do not display an erroneous alert
- Images in reports run in a sandbox environment do not truncate unexpectedly
- Appointments synchronized between CRM and Outlook now assign the organizer correctly
Update Rollup 8 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 03 May 2012
Update Rollup 7
Read Optimized Forms
Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 introduces a new feature that is called Read Optimized Forms. By using this feature, an organisation can let users decide whether they want to view records using a form that is optimized to load quickly. The read-optimized form improves productivity for users who primarily consume data instead of editing records. It also helps prevent users from unintentionally editing field values.
For more information about Read Optimized Forms, please click here.
Other problems resolved in Update Rollup 7
- Picklists becoming inactive when opening a record from a list using Internet Explorer 9 has been fixed
- The problem with resolving cases with associated contract lines has been fixed
- Connection records are updated correctly when accounts or contacts are merged
- Marketing lists are no longer restricted to 50,000 members
- Recurring appointments can now have a start date in the future as expected
- Price lists imported from Excel retain the correct pricing
- Quick Campaigns created from the results of an advanced find query behave as expected
- Recurring appointments assign correctly
Update Rollup 7 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Friday, 23 March 2012
Update Rollup 6
Update Rollup 5 is required to be installed prior to installing Update Rollup 6.
- Update Rollup 6 cannot be removed.
- Contacts can now be created with only a surname without a trailing comma being added. (This assumes that the first name field is not mandatory.)
- Activity description field in email now displays correctly (instead of HTML) in form grids
- The Calendar now displays the entire working day correctly
- A number of improvements have been made to dynamic marketing lists Ribbons are displayed correctly in Internet Explorer 8 and 9
- Users who are privileged to see account records can use the Set Regarding button in Outlook for other records as expected.
Update Rollup 6 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 12 January 2012
Update Rollup 5
Update Rollup 5 cannot be removed.
- Time stamps on reports now display correct time
- Several time zones and daylight saving time dates have been corrected
Update Rollup 5 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Tuesday, 08 November 2011
Update Rollup 4
- The available times in the service activity scheduling function now display the correct available times
- Some errors in the record visibility for some security roles have been removed
- Quick campaigns run from the Outlook client now work as expected
- 'Do not bulk email' field in the contact can now be edited as expected
Update Rollup 4 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 22 September 2011
Update Rollup 3
- New help files have been included
- Sending a direct email to a large dataset now creates the correct CRM records without the unexpected duplicates
- Duration fields export to Excel are now displayed correctly as a number rather than text
Update Rollup 3 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 28 July 2011
Update Rollup 2
- Email templates giving the user an unsubscribe option now work as expected
- Connection roles that work with multiple record types now work more reliably
- Deleting the sample data works more reliably
Update Rollup 2 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 02 June 2011
Update Rollup 1
- Email messages sent to multiple recipients using mail merge with an attachment now create CRM records
- Deleting a tracked item in the Outlook client prior to a synchronisation now deletes the item in Microsoft CRM
- You can switch between multiple forms in facilities and equipment
- You will now get an error message if you try to create a record for which you do not have permission using the activity 'convert to' function
- Connections including custom connections can now be added to leads and will work as elsewhere
- Fiscal periods can be used more reliably in Advanced Find
Update Rollup 1 | Link to Technical Article | Link to Download or Details | Thursday, 07 April 2011